The other night, I was making a pork chop on the stove, and my smoke detector went off literally saying. “FIRE, FIRE, FIRE”. There was no fire, there was no smoke, but because it was 10 pm at night, I did have an angry kid who had to be up for work at 5 the next day, running into the kitchen yelling at me. WHOOPS…
I kept hitting the button to turn it off. It did stop yelling Fire, but then it started saying “Carbon monoxide warning”. Thing 2 got angry and took the batteries out before lecturing me about making food so late etc and then she went back to sleep.
Yes I did 😛 when she closed the door. I ate my pork chop and that was the end of it, so I thought…..
This morning I woke up, made my normal path to the bathroom and stepped in dog vomit. SMH….cmon really? Why do animals always have to puke on the rugs or carpet areas?
I kind of hopped into the bathroom to clean my foot off, only to step in cat vomit. You have got to be fricking kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( well at least in the bathroom it was on the newspaper that is still down on the floor from my last incident).
After cleaning everything up, I walked into the kitchen to start the coffee…. want to guess what happened there?
I am not kidding….. MORE animal vomit!!!!
When I finished cleaning everything up, Thing 2 came into the kitchen complaining of a headache and feeling like she wanted to be sick as well. You know, come to think of it, I have been feeling nauseous myself which I just attributed to taking wellbutrin to quit smoking….but what if…..
I googled what to do if you suspect a gas or c02 leak and called the number for our utility company. They advised me to take all the people and animals outside (2 dogs and 3 cats). Within minutes, emergency vehicles started showing up from all directions.
It turns out, my stove is broken and there is indeed Carbon Monoxide leaking from it. SMDH!